Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin Shortbread
Entertain family and friends with a slice of this delightful Autumn-Spiced Pumpkin
Shortbread. Topped with sugar crystals and paired with a scoop of holiday-inspired
ice cream, this elegant dessert is a must have for fall celebrations.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks)
unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup LIBBY'S 100%
Pure Pumpkin (use 1/2 cup for a softer shortbread)
- 2 teaspoons
sparkling or granulated sugar
- Pumpkin Spice or Eggnog DREYER'S or EDY'S SLOW CHURNED Light Ice Cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Spray bottom of 9-inch fluted tart pan with removable
bottom with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in pumpkin until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spread dough into prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake for 80 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle top with sparkling sugar.
- Cool for about 10 minutes; remove side from pan. Use long, serrated knife to
cut into wedges.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
15 min. prep | 105 min. total | 12 Servings
Nutrition Information - Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190 Calories from Fat:
100 Total Fat: 11g (18% of DV) Saturated Fat: 7g (36% of DV) Cholesterol: 30mg (10%
of DV)Sodium: 100mg (4% of
DV) Carbohydrates: 22g (7% of DV) Dietary Fiber:
.5g (3% of DV) Sugars: 8g Protein: 2g Vitamin A: 25% of DV Vitamin C: 0% of DV Calcium:
0% of DV Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photograph provided used with permission from
Nestlé and meals.com.