Carrot Cake Shortbread
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 30 walnut halves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon shredded carrot
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Shortbread: In a medium bowl, beat butter, carrot and
vanilla extract with an electric mixer for about 30 seconds. Transfer
butter mixture to a piece of plastic wrap, and shape into a 1-inch
diameter log. Wrap and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- When the oven is ready, toast the walnut halves for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, stir flour, cinnamon, salt and brown sugar in
a large bowl.
- Remove butter mixture from freezer and then add into
flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter mixture into
the flour mixture until it resembles fine crumbs and cling together.
Knead the dough until smooth and forms a ball.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough on a lightly floured surface
into 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out cookies with a 1 1/2-inch fluted
cookie cutter. You should be able to get about 60 pieces.
- Press the walnut halves on 30 pieces of the cookies.
- Bake for 18
to 20 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies turn slightly brown.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: In a medium bowl, beat cream
cheese, butter, icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in
- Spread the frosting on the bottom of the cookies without walnuts,
top with remaining cookies, with walnut sides up.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes