Chocolate Scotch Shortbread
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot water or in
microwave oven; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl at medium speed of electric mixer, beat butter
- Add brown sugar; beat until very light and fluffy.
Reduce mixer speed to low, then blend in melted chocolate, then
- Spread dough evenly in an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Prick
surface with fork tines.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes,
or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 to 15 minutes, then cut into squares.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes