Chunky Bittersweet Shortbread
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup fruit sugar (or super fine sugar)
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Sifted confectioner's sugar (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour cookie sheets.
- Beat butter with sugar using electric mixer until light and
- Mix in flour and cornstarch until well blended.
in chocolate and pecans.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonsful onto
prepared cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Dust cookies lightly with confectioners' sugar.
Makes 48 cookies
Cookies can be made ahead and frozen for up to 3 months.
Source: Baker's Chocolate