- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In small bowl, combine flour and cocoa; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla
extract until creamy. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- On lightly floured board, roll dough 1/2 inch thick; cut into 2
x 1-inch strips. With fork, pierce surface. Place on ungreased cookie
- Bake for 20 minutes or just until firm.
- Let stand on cookie sheets 2 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheets; cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies