Coconut Shortbread Cookies
This is one of my favorite cookies. I just love the taste of shortbread
and coconut together. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup soft butter (do not substitute)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract)
- 2 cups finely grated coconut
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Sift flour, cornstarch, confectioners' sugar. Blend in butter
and vanilla extract with your hands until dough forms (I take the
easy way out and use my food processor). Wrap and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Pinch off dough pieces and roll into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll in coconut
and place 1 inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Yields 4 dozen
To make them even tastier, melt some bittersweet chocolate and drizzle over cookies.
Posted by BettyBoop at Recipe Goldmine 10/7/2001 7:18 am.