English Toffee Shortbread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) almonds
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) English toffee
- Sugar for cookie tops
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, salt, and brown sugar in a food processor.
- Add the butter and mix until it resembles a fine meal.
- Add the almonds
and toffee and process until finely ground.
- Roll out between 2 sheets
of wax paper to 1/4-inch thick, and cut into decorative shapes with
cookie cutter or pastry roller.
- Pour sugar onto a plate' press cookies in the sugar on one side only.
- Bake cookies sugar-side up on baking
sheet at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until slightly browned.
Yields 4 dozen cookies