- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, ginger and salt together; set aside.
- Cream butter; add brown sugar gradually, beating well. Add flour mixture
gradually, mixing until well blended. Stir in cream. Divide dough into
halves. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten into rounds about
1/2-inch thick. Mark into wedges. Flute the edges and prick centers with a
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- While still warm, cut into wedges.
Makes 2 shortbread rounds.