- 1 (18.25 ounce) box buttery cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 (10 to 12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, margarine and egg at low speed
until crumbly. Press mixture in prepared pan. Spread with preserves.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Combine Glaze ingredients until smooth. If needed, add additional
water, a drop at a time, for desired consistency. Drizzle over warm shortbread.
- Cool completely; cut into bars.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.