- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour*
* Rice flour is available in the Asian section of many grocery stores
or at health food stores.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 jumbo strawberries, rinsed, with stems left on
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shortbread: Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl on
medium speed until smooth. Gradually add the granulated sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and rice flour into a bowl. Add flour mixture, one third at a
time, to butter mixture, beating well.
- Divide dough equally among 3 (9-inch) pie plates. Press dough evenly
into each pan. Smooth edges with fingers. Score shortbread into 8 wedges with a sharp knife. With the tines
of a fork, prick dough about every 1/2 inch. Use a decorative shortbread press for this, if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Invert shortbread onto a wire rack. Cool completely. Gently break
shortbread into wedges. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Filling: Beat whipping cream in a chilled bowl with chilled beaters until
soft. Beat in cream cheese. Gradually add confectioners' sugar.
Stir in orange peel and Grand Marnier. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Toss sliced kiwi fruit and strawberries together
in a bowl. Sprinkle the 2 tablespoons granulated sugar over fruit; gently toss.
- To assemble, arrange 3 shortbread wedges on individual serving plates.
Place a dollop of whipped cream mixture over shortbread. Place about
1/2 cup fruit mixture on top. Garnish each serving with a whole strawberry.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes