Lavender and Honey Shortbread
Sweet honey and fragrant, minty lavender bring a touch of Provence to shortbread.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, slightly softened, cut into
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Lavender,
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract , divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Place flour, 1/3 cup of the confectioners'
sugar and cornstarch in bowl of food processor; cover. Pulse to blend. Add butter;
cover. Pulse until coarse crumbs form. Add honey, lavender and 1/2 teaspoon of the
vanilla extract; cover. Pulse until dough pulls away from side of bowl.
- Place dough in ungreased 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Place waxed paper
over dough and press to form a smooth even layer in bottom of tart pan. Pierce dough
with a fork, then score top with sharp knife into 12 wedges.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until firm and just starting to brown around the
edges. (Shortbread should be pale in color.)
- Place pan on wire rack. Cut through
shortbread into wedges.
- While still warm but not hot, remove shortbread from pan
to wire rack to cool.
- Mix remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon
vanilla extract in small bowl until well blended and smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled shortbread.
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
Variation: Prepare as directed, omitting glaze. Sprinkle shortbread with confectioners'
Nutrition Information per 1 serving: Calories: 171 Sodium: 58 mg Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g
Recipe and photo credit:
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes