Lemon Shortbread Squares
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup
fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all shortbread ingredients except flour in large bowl. Beat at medium
speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press dough evenly into lightly greased 1 5x 10 x 1-inch jellyroll pan.
for 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine glaze ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Spread
thin layer of glaze over cooled shortbread.
- Let stand for 30 minutes to set.
- Cut into squares.