Old Fashioned Shortbread with
Tennessee Honey Cream
- 1 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour; cut in cool butter. Place
crumbled mixture into baking dish and press with fingers into the pan.
- Bake for one hour or until lightly browned. Cool in the pan.
- Meanwhile, beat cream until slightly thick. Slowly add honey while
continuing to beat until firm.
- Cut shortbread into squares and serve with a dollop of honey cream.
Yields 12 to 15 squares
Source: Tammy Algood - University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes