Pink Lemonade Thins
A party-size, these refreshing shortbread cookies are the perfect companion to
tall glasses of icy pink lemonade.
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 drops red food color, if desired
- 2 2/3 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
Pink Lemonade Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 5 to 6 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 drop red food color
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease bottom only of 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan
- In large bowl, beat butter, 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons
lemon peel, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 drops food color with electric mixer
on medium speed until creamy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour until well blended.
- Press into pan, using floured fingers (flour fingers several times to prevent sticking).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Pour glaze
over warm bars; spread evenly (glaze will be very thin).
- Cool completely, about
- Bars are very tender; remove from pan using very flat-edged metal pancake
turner. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 8 rows.
Makes 64 bars.
Did You Know: For the freshest flavor in these tangy bars, squeeze the lemon
for the juice after grating the peel.
How-To: To cut diamond shapes, cut parallel lines, 1 1/2 inches apart, down length
of pan, then cut diagonal lines, 1 1/2 inches apart, across straight cuts.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 70 (Calories from Fat 35 ); Total
Fat 4 g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 30 mg; Total Carbohydrate
8 g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2 %; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Fat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2007/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes