- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) jar seedless raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric
mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, beating at low
speed until blended.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions, and roll each dough portion
into a 12 x 1-inch wide strip. Place 3 dough strips on each of the
prepared cookie sheets.
- Make a 1/2-inch wide x 1/4-inch deep indentation down center of
each strip, using the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Bake, in 2 batches, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and spoon jam into indentations.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk together confectioners' sugar, water and almond extract;
drizzle over warm shortbread. Cut each strip diagonally into 12 (1-inch-wide) slices.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield: 6 dozen
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.