As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 ounce grated semisweet chocolate (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup whipping cream,
whipped and sweetened
- 2 pint baskets fresh California strawberries sliced
- Whole fresh California strawberry, for garnish
- In mixer bowl cream butter and sugar together. On low speed gradually mix in
flour and chocolate. Form dough into 2 balls, one a little larger than the other.
On floured surface roll each ball to a circle about 7 inches in diameter (one should
be thicker than the other). Using board spatula, gently transfer each circle to
greased baking sheet. Prick surfaces generously with a fork.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 to 30 minutes until just golden.
- While still warm, cut thinner circle into 8 equal wedges. Transfer all to rack
to cool completely.
- To serve: Place shortbread circles on the plate. Top with whipped cream and sliced
strawberries, reserving a dollop of cream for garnish. Set shortbread wedges into
cream at an angle, points toward center. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and
whole strawberry. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Shortbread can be made ahead and stored for several days wrapped in plastic
wrap, or frozen for longer storage.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Strawberry Commission.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Shortbread Recipes