Raspberry-Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water (about)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixer bowl, combine granulated sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the
almond extract. Beat at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour and beat until well-mixed, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover
and chill dough 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
Make indentation with thumb in middle of each cookie. Fill with 1/4 teaspoon jam.
- Bake in preheated oven 14 to 18 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
Let stand 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheets; cool completely on wire racks.
- In small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar, remaining 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons
almond extract (to taste) and the water. Drizzle over cookies while on racks.
Makes 4 dozen.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.