Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies
Looking for a fun take on the traditional carrot cake? These whoopie pies feature
the flavor of carrot cake in a cute sandwich cookie! Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies with
Maple Cream Cheese Filling are a really fun way to satisfy a carrot cake craving
without having to make an entire cake.
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup
sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Maple-Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 cup butter, softened
(8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In small
bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt and
nutmeg; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter, the granulated sugar and brown sugar with
electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in
eggs, one at a time, scraping bowl after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla.
Add carrots, coconut and pecans; beat on low speed until combined.
- Using ice cream scoop, drop batter onto cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart
to make 30 cookies.
- Bake 12 minutes or until cookies are set; do not overbake. Cool 5 minutes. Remove
from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- To make filling, in small bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the cream cheese with electric
mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in syrup and
1 teaspoon vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar, beating until filling is smooth.
- To make whoopie pies, sandwich filling between 2 cookies. To garnish,
roll whoopie pies in pecans or coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator
Contributed by: Bree Hester
Reprinted with permission from