Spice Cake Whoopie Pies
Fall is the perfect time for creating beloved desserts, and whoopie pie is always
a winning choice. This spiced up version of the traditional favorite draws its flavor
from Musselman’s Apple Butter, with an old-fashioned taste that is the essence of
- 1 box spice cake mix, dry
- 1 1/2 cups Musselman’s Apple Butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat
- In large bowl, mix together dry cake mix, apple butter, oil and eggs until smooth.
Let stand 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon batter onto prepared baking sheet, one heaping, rounded tablespoon at a
time. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 14 minutes and let cool completely.
- To make cream cheese frosting, beat together cream cheese, butter and powdered
sugar until fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla extract, and beat another 1-2 minutes.
- Frost flat side of each "pie" half with frosting and place halves together.
- Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
Marshmallow Creme can be substituted for cream cheese frosting.
Source: Musselman's (musselmans.com) through Family Features.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Whoopie Pie Recipes