Boy Scout Cowboy Stew
The longer this Boy Scout Cowboy Stew cooks, the better flavor it has.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole green beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can canned red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Drain off any excess grease.
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine ground beef, tomatoes, corn, green
beans, red beans and onion.
- Season with oregano, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for at least 50 minutes over medium to low heat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.