Buckaroo Cornbread Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
Serve with a simple green salad.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cans Ro*tel tomatoes, drained
- 1 can Ranch Style beans, seasoned pinto beans or chili beans
- 2 packages cornbread mix*
- 1 can cream-style corn
- 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
* Use either regular or Mexican-style.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Season the ground beef and brown along with the bell pepper and onion.
- Drain and add drained Ro*Tel and Ranch style beans (or pinto beans or chili beans). Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix both boxes of cornbread per directions. Add a can of cream-style corn to cornbread mix. Toss in shredded cheese and stir.
- Pour half of cornbread mixture into the bottom of the pan, cover with all of the meat mixture, top with more shredded cheese, then pour remaining cornbread mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or until cornbread is done.
Keywords: cowboy, ranch, cornbread, casserole