Chuck Wagon Chili Beans
- 6 cups boiled pinto beans, cooked just until almost tender, with cooking water*
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons powdered red chiles
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Stir tomato puree and powdered chiles into the beans and their cooking water,
cover the casserole and bake for about 1 hour or until the liquid has thickened
to a sauce.
* Prepare the beans as in the Frijoles de Olla, cooking them just until
almost tender because they will cook further in this recipe.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.