Chuck Wagon Peach Cobbler
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Cobbler Crust
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups peaches, drained and juice reserved
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup juice from drained peaches
- 1/2 cup Black Jack Daniels
- Cobbler Crust: Mix dry ingredients and add shortening. Cut in with a fork.
Mixture should look like coarse meal.
- Add cold water gradually to make a ball.
- Divide into 2 balls, top and bottom. Roll out one and line a 14-inch pan
or 14-inch Dutch oven.
- Roll out remainder and cut into 1-inch slices for latticework on top.
- Cobbler: Melt butter in saucepan. Add peaches, brown sugar, cinnamon, sugar
and half-and-half. Mix well.
- Line pan or Dutch oven with crust.
- Pour in fruit mixture.
- Cover top with strips of crust in latticework pattern.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Moisten strips with water before baking and sprinkle sugar on latticework
for crispy finish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cowboy and Ranch Recipes