Chuck Wagon Pecan Bread
This recipe is over 100 years old. It is from a cook who served it to cowhands
along the Pecos River.
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted lard
- 1 egg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Turn out and cool on rack.
Keeps well when wrapped tightly.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cowboy and Ranch Recipes