Chuck Wagon Pecan Bread
This recipe is over 100 years old. It is from a cook who served it to cowhands
along the Pecos River.
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup melted lard
- 1 egg
- Combine all ingredients and stir well.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Turn out and cool on rack.
Keeps well when wrapped tightly.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.