Cowboy Barbecue Sauce
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce;
- In a large saucepan, heat the bacon grease over low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about
- Stir in the ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire.
Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often to prevent sticking, until slightly
thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce to taste.
Other Cowboy recipes you may like...
Texas Camp Bread
Cowboy's Beef Pie
Chuck Wagon Pecan Bread