Cowboy Barbecue Sauce
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce; to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the bacon grease over low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about
- Stir in the ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire.
Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often to prevent sticking, until slightly
thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce to taste.