Cowboy Barbecue Sauce
- 2 teaspoons bacon grease
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce; to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the bacon grease over low heat.
- Add the onion, garlic and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about
- Stir in the ketchup, chili sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire.
Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often to prevent sticking, until slightly
thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Season with hot sauce to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.