Cowboy Beans with Cornbread Fritters
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons (or less) chili powder
- 3 cans chili hot beans
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and diced onion.
- Drain off the excess fat from the beef.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Cornbread Fritters.
- Cornbread Fritters: Mix ingredients together well and drop tablespoonsful
into a skillet of hot oil. Brown on both sides.
Other Cowboy recipes you may like...
Texas Camp Bread
Cowboy's Beef Pie
Chuck Wagon Pecan Bread