Cowboy Beans and Rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium size green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 (15 to 16 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion and green pepper, cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add rice, beans and barbecue sauce. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 4 servings
Add 1/2 pound sliced smoked sausage or 4 sliced frankfurters for a meaty
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cowboy and Ranch Recipes