- 1 package yeast
- 1 quart warm milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 8 cups flour or enough to make dough stiff
- Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients. Let stand in warm place until doubled
- Grease 2 (9 x 13-inch) cake pans.
- Pat dough into pans, especially in corners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Dough will keep 3 weeks in refrigerator. After refrigeration, there is no need
to let the dough rise before baking.