This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cowboy Breakfast Casserole
- 5 large potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 eggs and 1/2 cup milk, beaten together
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1 very large white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small red hot pepper, finely minced
- Olive oil
- Liquid Smoke
- Charcoal seasoning
- Sauté the onions in some butter until translucent.
- Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Brown the ground beef with the garlic and hot pepper.
- Season with salt, pepper, charcoal seasoning (about 1/2 teaspoon or more
to taste) and a couple drops of Liquid Smoke.
- Drain any fat from meat.
- Sauté the potatoes in some olive oil just to soften slightly.
- Spray or butter slow cooker to prevent sticking.
- Layer the ingredients in the following manner: potatoes, beef, onion, cheese.
- Repeat. Finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Pour egg mixture gently over all and top with a bit more cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.