This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
A Texas favorite! This goes nicely with a green salad and some iced tea!
- 1 pound chicken, deboned
- Seasonings optional (garlic, salt, pepper)
- 1/2 package corn tortillas (Tostitos work too, but not as well)
- 1 can low sodium chicken broth
- 4 to 6 cups cheese
- 1 can Ro*Tel tomatoes, spicy or mild, or 1 1/2 cups salsa
- Deep casserole dish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil chicken with seasoning. I buy the rotisserie chickens that are already
seasoned and cooked, and debone it.
- Smear a little broth in the casserole dish and lay the first layer of tortillas.
- Pour a little more broth, spread half the chicken, half the tomatoes, and
half the cheese.
- Cover with a little more broth.
- Repeat process.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly.
Posted by Elaine at Recipe Goldmine 2004/2/3 07:06.
Source: Submitted by Joyce, Texas