This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cowboy Crumb Cakes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Combine flour, salt and brown sugar. Add butter and blend with pastry blender
until very crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping.
- To remaining crumbs, add the cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder.
- Beat eggs and combine with buttermilk, then add to crumb mixture. Beat until
- Spread batter in 2 well-greased cake pans.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.