This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cowboy Fry Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- Vegetable oil
- Heat the milk over the stove or in the microwave until warm but not hot. Pour
into a large bowl and add yeast and sugar.
- Stir in beaten eggs and salt, then slowly
mix in flour until mixture forms a smooth, elastic dough. Cover with a towel and
allow to rise until double in size (30 minutes to one hour).
- Lightly flour work
surface and divide dough into 12 pieces roughly the size of tennis balls, then flatten
into discs. Let dough rise again, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F in a deep fryer, large pot or skillet. Fry dough discs
one or two at a time for three to five minutes, depending on size, turning once.
Makes about 12 servings.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 2004/1/7 14:26.