This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (#10) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 1/2 quarts Cattlemen's Classic Barbecue Sauce
- 3/4 pound diced celery
- 3/4 pound diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced 1/4 inch
- Puree tomatoes and barbecue sauce in blender until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients to puree.
- Chill until serving time.
- Serve with a barbecue meal in the heat of the summer for a cooling contrast.
- Garnish with sour cream, guacamole or fresh herbs.
Another variation can be made by substituting Cattlemen's Hot & Spicy
Barbecue Sauce for Classic and adding 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly chopped cilantro.