- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 12 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 jar picante sauce
- 2 packages Jiffy cornbread mix
- Sour cream
- Brown the ground beef and follow the directions on taco seasoning packet as though you are making tacos.
- In a casserole dish first add taco meat then sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the meat.
- Evenly spread picante sauce over cheese.
- Prepare the cornbread mix as package directs, then pour over meat mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- Serve with sour cream and more salsa.
Keywords: cowboy, ranch, beef, cheese, cornbread jiffy mix