- 1 1/2 cups thick and chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- Sour cream, for optional garnish
- In a bowl, combine salsa, cilantro and lime juice. Transfer half of the salsa
mixture to a second bowl; add beans and corn. Set aside remaining salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over tortillas; divide beef evenly among tortillas.
- Top each with a scant 1/4 cup of bean mixture. Fold tortillas in half.
- Grill quesadillas over medium, ash-covered coals, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or
until golden brown, turning once. (Or place quesadillas on a baking sheet covered
with foil and broil until cheese melts and tortillas begin to brown, a few minutes
on each side.)
- Serve with reserved salsa mixture and dollops of sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 2004/3/1 17:51.
Keywords: cowboy, ranch