Cowboy Quesadillas 2
Cheesy quesadillas filled with shredded chicken and spicy tomatoes.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel®
Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 4 cups shredded cooked
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- Combine Velveeta and drained tomatoes in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl; cover.
Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) for 2 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving on MEDIUM for
2 minutes more or until Velveeta is melted. Add chicken and onions; mix well.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
Place 1 tortilla in skillet. Spoon about 2/3 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half
of tortilla; fold tortilla over to cover chicken mixture. Cook for 1 minute on each
side or until golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Makes: 12 servings (1/2 quesadilla
Substituting whole wheat tortillas for the flour tortillas will add whole grains
and fiber to your diet.
Nutrition information: Calories: 254 Serving Size: 12 servings (1/2 quesadilla
% Daily Value* Total Fat 9 gram 14% Saturated fat 4 gram 20% Cholesterol
52 mg 17% Sodium 611 mg 25% Carbohydrate 21 gram 7% Dietary fiber 1 gram 4% Sugars
3 gram Protein 19 gram Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 2% Calcium 18% Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Velveeta® is a registered trademark of Kraft Foods, Inc.
Reprinted with permission from