Cowboy Steak and Fries Packets
- 1/2 bag (about 14 ounces total) frozen steak fries
- 4 tablespoons barbecue
- 4 pieces boneless rib-eye steak, 4 to 6 ounces each
- Steak seasoning
or salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high or heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place each piece of steak on a 12 x 18-inch sheet of aluminum foil.
with seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Top each piece with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce.
- Place seven or eight frozen steak fries on each piece.
- Pull the foil over the steak
and fries and fold edges over once or twice, allowing some room inside for heat
to circulate; fold and crimp the ends shut.
- Place packets directly on the grill or on a cookie sheet in the oven.
- Cook on
a covered grill 10 to 12 minutes or bake 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove packets from oven or grill and place on serving plates. Let sit a minute
or two, then open carefully to avoid steam burns.
Makes 4 servings.
Approximate values per serving: 428 calories, 27 g fat, 74 mg cholesterol,
21 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 436 mg sodium, 57 percent calories
Other Cowboy recipes you may like...
Texas Camp Bread
Cowboy's Beef Pie
Chuck Wagon Pecan Bread