Cowboy Victory Stew
- 2 pounds SYRACUSE'S Mild or Hot Italian or Linguisa Sausage
- 2 (32 ounce) cans pinto beans
- 3 cups canned stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups diced potatoes or cooked rice
- Brown sausage in skillet and crumble with fork. Drain off any fat.
- In a large pot, combine beans, tomatoes, water, onions, bay leaves, salt, pepper,
thyme, and garlic powder, then add the sausage.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Add potatoes or rice and green peppers and cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender or rice is cooked.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve with warm French bread.
Posted by Elaine at Recipe Goldmine 2004/1/9 15:02.
Keywords: cowboy, ranch, sausage, stew