- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed yellow corn
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 to 4 jalapenos, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- Combine dry ingredients, including peppers and cheese; add wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into hot iron skillet or 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Keywords: cowboy, ranch, cornbread