Range Rider Stew
- 1/2 pound green cooking apples
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 pound onions, sliced into rings
- 3 pounds potatoes, cooked and sliced
- 3/4 pound beef, already cooked and diced
- Dash nutmeg
- 3 cups gravy
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Add onion rings to 3 tablespoons melted butter and brown; remove onion rings.
- Melt remaining butter and sauté apple slices.
- Layer 1/3 of potatoes, meat, onion rings and apples.
- Season with salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Repeat layering twice more until all ingredients are used.
- Pour gravy over top.
- Butter breadcrumbs and spread over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.