- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soft butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare rice and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except raisins, and mix.
- Stir in the rice and raisins until well blended.
- Grease a baking dish and pour in the mix.
- Cover and place in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold in a small dish.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
Variation: Bake pudding in a prepared pie shell or on a bed of cookie crumbs.
Make sure the pan is well-greased.