Coffee Stirrer Sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 wooden lollipop or craft sticks*
* Don't use the paper lollipop sticks, they get mushy in the coffee.
- In a saucepan,
combine sugar, coffee, corn syrup, cocoa and cinnamon. Cook
over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until candy thermometer
reads 290 degrees F (soft-crack stage), about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Immediately stir in vanilla, then pour
into a greased 2-cup heat-proof glass measuring cup.
quickly, pour tablespoons into circles on a greased baking
sheet and lay a stick in each circle. Allow to cool until
- When cooled, wrap with a plastic wrap and tie
- Store in an airtight container.