Designer Wallpaper Candles
- Plain pillar candles
- Wallpaper strips or wallpaper
- Tall can
- All purpose glue
* Wallpaper border samples work best. This is also a
good way to coordinate candles with wallpaper in a room.
- Cut paper strip to fit around the candle. Use glue to
adhere in place.
- Melt clear candle wax or plain paraffin
in a tall narrow can, deep enough to nearly submerge candle.
(A tall spaghetti sauce can is just right for most candles.)
- Hold wick and slowly dip the candle into the melted
wax, lowering all the way to the top edge of the candle.
(You CAN hold the wick with your fingers if you have to,
but a hemostat clamp or small vise grip makes it a lot easier
- Remove and set the candle on a piece
of scrap paper to drain and harden for a few minutes.
- If a softer, more muted look is desires, repeat to build
up wax layers.
- When fully cooled, polish with a pad
of wadded up nylon stockings, or use a commercial candle