Preserved Orange Slices
These are great to use in dry potpourri!
- Slice the oranges about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put two layers of paper towels in a microwaveable
dish. Place the slices of two oranges, one at a time, on top of the paper towels.
- Bake the orange slices in a microwave oven on HIGH for about 6 to 10 minutes, until
the slices turn very bright yellow.
- When you remove the orange slices, they will
be sticky and spongy to the touch, and the paper towels will be saturated.
the orange slices in a preheated oven on the lowest possible temperature, and bake
about 45 minutes.
- After orange slices are removed from oven, toss with orris root powder and orange