- Old candles, stubs, votives, sticks, etc.*
- Old or new wicks
- Wick anchor
- Canning jars, baby food jars, etc.
* Use only one scented candle for each scrap candle you make.
- Remove all the wicks and wick anchors before beginning. Melt all the scraps together
in a double-boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, use a large metal can
in a pan of boiling water. Place an old or new wick into the container. You may
use a wick anchor in the bottom if you wish. This is suggested.
- Pour the hot wax into the jar of your choice. Put the container into a sink before
you pour in the hot wax (just in case the container should break).
- Use a clothespin to hold the wick in the center until the candle has cooled and