Scalloped Potatoes and Ham
- 3 small potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/3 cup grated Cheddar or American cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder plus water to make 2/3 cup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Toss potatoes in cream of tartar and water. Drain.
- Layer half the potatoes, onion slices, ham and cheese in crockette.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat with remaining half.
- Mix milk with flour and pour over all.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 12 hours.