Spicy Kumquat Relish
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) kumquats, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried apple chips
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced crystallized ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all ingredients in crockette.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- Let cool.
- Serve as an accompaniment to pork or chicken.
Yield: about 2 cups
One tablespoon contains: 44 cal., 0 prot.,12 g carb.,0 fat, 0 chol., 5 mg sodium
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.