Candied nuts make wonderful presents during the holidays. Find some cute Christmas
or winter-themed tin canisters or glass jars, line the tin with protective covering
such as parchment or wax paper, and fill them up.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups nuts such as almonds, pecans, walnuts, peanuts, cashews, or other nuts
- 1/4 cup water
- Pour sugars, cinnamon, and salt into base of slow cooker. Stir until evenly
combined into a fluffy mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk egg white with vanilla extract.
- Add nuts and stir until coated with egg wash.
- Pour almonds into slow cooker and mix with sugars.
- Cook for 3 hours on low heat, stirring well every 20 minutes.
- After 3 hours of cook time, pour water into slow cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Cook for a final 1 hour on low, continuing to stir every 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread cooked nuts out to cool.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Appetizer and Snack Recipes