Spinach Artichoke Dip
Once you've mixed up this dip in the food processor, cook it until hot throughout
in a slow cooker. Serve topped with melted cheese and ringed with your favorite
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (use half milk, if desired)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen cut leaf spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (13 3/4 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and well drained
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- Crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, process the cream cheese,
cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder until smooth and creamy.
- Add the spinach and process until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the artichokes and process just until coarsely chopped.
- Turn the mixture into a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker; smooth the top.
- Cover and cook on the HIGH heat setting 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours, until hot
in the center.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the jack cheese and spoon the salsa in a ring
around the inside edges of the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue heating on HIGH 15 minutes longer, or until the cheese
- Reduce the heat to the LOW setting and serve warm with crackers or tortilla
chips for dipping.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 10 servings
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark