Arizona Chuck Roast and Anasazi Beans
- 1 pound Anasazi beans*
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 pound salt pork, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound boneless chuck roast, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
* Substitute pinto beans.
- Soak beans overnight.
- Brown salt pork in large skillet. Remove with slotted spoon to cooker.
- Sauté onions, garlic and bell pepper.
- In pan drippings, brown beef a few pieces at a time. Remove with slotted
spoon to crock pot.
- Add salt, oregano, red pepper, cumin and tomato sauce to crock pot.
Stir. Add more water if necessary to bring liquid level above beans. Cover.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours or on HIGH for 6 hours or until beans are
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Slow Cooker Beef Recipes